Do It Yourself Parts & Accessories
It’s hot out there! But let’s make sure your Honda is as cool as a cucumber. Don’t wait until the last minute to change your oil or check your battery. When the family’s ready for a spontaneous trip to the park or the beach, so should your car. So here is a helpful do it yourself checklist of things that should be looked at for Summer:
- Check your lights (Headlights, Brake Lights, Running Lights and Turn Signal Lights)
- Check your tire pressures (to make sure that your car handles the way it is designed to)
- Check your tire tread depth (the penny trick – place Lincoln head-first into your tire tread. If you can see all of Honest Abe’s face then it’s time to come see Classic Honda and shop for tires)
- Check your wipers – if they are streaking time to replace them. Tip use Genuine Honda wipers so that you only need to replace the wiper insert that wears out.
- Change your oil. Summer is a great time to get that oil change done at home before it gets too cold.
- Check all of your vital fluids – Brake Fluid; Transmission Fluid; Coolant; Power Steering Fluid; and Engine Oil (Be sure to top off using Genuine Honda Fluids!)
- Take one last look over the car for areas that need touch up paint to protect over the harsh months to some.
- Check your battery and the connections to it for corrosion. The last thing that you want to have happen is your car will not start when you need it most.